Coverage Options for Renter’s Insurance

If you’re not ready to buy a home or condo in Reno, renting offers a viable option. Renting is less expensive than buying and comes with less responsibility regarding the overall maintenance and upkeep of the property. One thing you are responsible for as a renter, though, is your personal belongings. Your landlord’s insurance won’t cover your loss if any of your goods are stolen or damaged in an unforeseen disaster. That’s why you need a renter’s insurance policy from Hinman & Associates Insurance in Reno, NV.

What Renter’s Insurance Covers

Renter’s insurance protects the interests of renters by offering the following coverage to help you avoid financial loss:  

Property Coverage

Property insurance covers your personal belongings. If they’re stolen, damaged by vandalism, or destroyed in a disaster, property coverage will help you recover your losses. Insuring your valuables can save you thousands of dollars in replacing them on your own in the event of a disaster.  

Loss of Use Coverage

If your rental home becomes uninhabitable due to damage from a covered peril, loss of use coverage helps pay for your living expenses elsewhere until repairs are done and you can move back into the home.

Liability Coverage

Anytime you have people over to your home, there’s a risk of an accident. If an accident results in injury or property damage to others, liability insurance will help cover medical or property damage costs. Say a friend trips over your pooch, falls down the stairs, and breaks his arm. Liability coverage will pay for his medical costs. Liability insurance covers mishaps like slips and falls, kitchen accidents, and injuries from sports play in the yard, so you don’t have to cover these expenses out of pocket. 

Contact Hinman & Associates Insurance in Reno, NV to learn more about renter’s insurance coverage.