Required Auto Insurance in Nevada

While many states are moving to no-fault laws, Nevada has a fault system for car accidents. Someone is chosen as the person at fault for the accident, and that person has to pay for the harm done by it, whether that’s for injuries or property damage. If you need required auto insurance, or you want to boost your insurance, call us at Hinman & Associates Insurance in Reno, NV to find out more.

Bodily Injury

Often, the bodily injury of those in an accident is costly. That’s why there is a mandatory minimum for bodily injury in Nevada. There is an amount of coverage required for each person who was injured and an amount for all of the injuries from an accident. Bodily injury also includes death. If someone were to die or become injured in an accident you caused, your insurance policy would pay for their expenses up to the maximum coverage amount you chose. Often, people get more than the mandatory minimum to have less risk of having to pay any of these expenses from their own pockets. 

Property Damage

In addition to bodily injury coverage, you need property damage coverage to stay legal in Nevada. This type of coverage pays for any damage you caused to another vehicle, or any other property, in an accident in which you were at fault. While there is a minimum amount of coverage mandated by law, getting a higher amount is usually recommended if serious damage is caused or a high-priced car is involved.

Talk to an Agent

If you need auto insurance, don’t wait to become legal. Call us at Hinman & Associates Insurance in Reno, NV to make an appointment with an agent.